EAP East Asian Language Study Grant
- EAP East Asian Language Study Grant (program fee and stipend award for intensive language study of an East Asian language, similar to a Summer FLAS award, but can also be used during the academic year).
- Can be used either at Cornell or another institution
- The application for the following academic year opens in November and closes in the following mid-February.
- Application Guidelines are listed at the bottom of the page here: https://eap.einaudi.cornell.edu/graduate-area-studies-fellowships
There are NO CITIZENSHIP RESTRICTIONS on the EAP Language Study Grant.
The Off-Campus Opportunities Fund (OCOF) is a common application for undergraduate students seeking financial support for off-campus experiences.
The fund consolidates the application and awarding process of 5 previously distinct grants offered through the following central units:
- Cornell Abroad- Engaged Learning + Research - Cornell Center for Intercultural Dialogue, - Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives (OADI) - Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies in conjunction with the Office of the Vice Provost of International Affairs (VPIA)
This initiative increases access to information, simplifies the application process for students, and allocates funding in a more efficient, inclusive and equitable way. Several pre-existing central funding opportunities have joined the system and consolidated their deadlines.
We ask students to submit an online application in which they identify the grants they are eligible to apply for. The fall application cycle is for students applying to fund short-term fall and winter-break opportunities. The spring application cycle targets students applying to fund short-term spring and summer experiences.
For more information, application deadline information and to complete the off-campus opportunity funding application, please visit the OCOF page on the Cornell Abroad website.
Freeman Awards for Study in Asia (Freeman-ASIA) provide scholarships for U.S. undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
A Freeman-ASIA Award provides need-based funding to assist the recipient with the cost of the study abroad program and related expenses, including airfare, basic living costs, local transportation, books, etc.
Freeman-ASIA accepts applications from U.S. citizens or permanent residents studying at the undergraduate level at a two-year or four-year college or university who demonstrate financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
Contact info:Freeman-ASIA, U.S. Student Programs, Institute of International Education, 809 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017-3580
Tel: +1 212.984.5346 Fax: +1 212.984.5325 Email: Freeman-ASIA@iie.org
For more information, please visit: https://www.iie.org/Programs/Freeman-ASIA